SAMPLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WE DO NOT CHARGE COMMISSION ON SALES
A deposit of £100 will be payable, refundable within 7 days of the end of the hire period, less energy charges and damage/repairs.
In the event of a cancellation, one monthÕs notice must be given in writing otherwise full cost of hire will still apply.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The applicant is responsible for the insurance of exhibited work
2. The Gallery accepts no liability for damage, loss, costs or expenses incurred by the applicant whilst using the Gallery, and the applicant must adequately insure with respect to Third Party and Public Liability risks and provide The Gallery with a copy of their insurance policy before the start of the hire period.
3. Applicant will be responsible for invigilating the exhibition and the security of the Gallery during their period of occupation.
4. There shall be no musical or theatre performances unless:
a. a)a licence for the same shall have first been obtained from the appropriate authority
b. b) all necessary measure shall have been taken to fulfill the conditions of grant of licence of such authority
c. c) Any and all such conditions relating to performance rights shall be observed,
d. d) The applicant will reimburse the Gallery should there be any fines or costs due to their failure to comply with licence conditions.
5. Any damage to the fixtures and fittings caused by the applicant or their visitors is to be repaired to the original state at the applicantÕs expense, and should the damage prevent the space from being used after the end of the hire period, the applicant will reimburse The Gallery for all costs incurred and revenue lost.
6. Electricity use will be charged at 15p per KWh – meter readings at the start and end of the hire period will be taken and the amount owing will be taken from the deposit.
7. No smoking on the premises
8. Evening opening should not be later than 11pm and applicants are to be mindful of the rights to peace and quiet of the tenant in the flat above the premises and the surrounding neighbours.
9. The premises must be vacated by 10am on the final day of hire and must be in the same clean and tidy condition as found, with all rubbish removed.
10. If for any reason the Gallery is unusable for the hire period, The Gallery will refund the hire fee, but will not be liable for any other costs or losses incurred by the applicant.
11. No sticky tape, drawing pins, or drilling of holes is acceptable for displaying work, and hirers are requested to use their creative ingenuity to display their work without damaging the wall surfaces.
12. Should damage occur to the walls, hirers must make good and repaint the wall, allowing it time to dry in good time for the end of the hiring period.
13. The applicant must also use their discretion regarding loading the picture rails and The Gallery is not responsible should the hanging rails fail due to overloading.
The Gallery reserves the right to refuse any application for use of the Gallery and in doing so, needs not state the reason for which the application is refused.